Friday, October 14, 2011

12 Oct '11: Workout Log: Speeeeeeed!!!!

I couldn't wait to get in to the box today but you know, being stuck sitting at a tissue culture hood for the entire morning will definitely make you antsy for any kind of physical activity that's not pipetting.  In keeping up with the tradition of physical activity, I opted for double-unders again, this time for a single-single-double rhythm.  And this time, I managed to continue UNBROKEN for what seemed like an eternity before I, once again, tripped myself with the jump rope.  Yessss!  I'm getting better!  Wooot!

Warm-ups:  10 each of the following
  • Assisted (blue band) kipping pull-ups Actually, I did the first two completely unassisted and finished up the 10 by using the blue band.  Yay me!
  • Divebomber push-ups
  • DEEP side lunges With feet pointing straight ahead, go into deep side lunge
  • OHS (overhead squats) with 15kg bar

Strength Workout:  Back Squats
We did these not too long ago and alas, my phone died before I could take a picture of what I accomplished today.  So you're just going to have to believe what I did:
  • 5 reps of 28kg (61.7lbs)
  • 5 reps of 33.6kg
  • 5 reps of 39kg
  • 3 sets of 5 of 45kg (99.2lbs)

Not too shabby, though I definitely was struggling to come back up from the squat towards the end.  Doing these weights definitely makes up for me feeling like a total weakling from Monday's shoulder presses.  ;)

WOD:  Gymnast Overboard (4 rounds each of the following):
  • 200m run/row
  • Side plank
  • Handstand/lever practice
Our group was divided into two teams of three (boys v girls).  While one team member is running/rowing, one has to do a side plank while the third has to do a handstand (or lever practice) for the entire duration of the run/row.  I opted to do a row instead but neglected to get the erg set up and accidentally let my teammates upside-down and side-planking for way longer than they should have (Saul ended up having to adjust the footstraps for me while I was rowing).  For that, I have to say:  "Sorry Cathy!  Sorry Myra!"

Man... this was definitely a good one.  My shoulders are still sore.

Post-workout meal:  roasted spaghetti squash with seasoned ground pork in marinara sauce.  Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment