An unbelievably easy dish to prepare, especially when you're short on time and just want to throw something healthy onto the dinner table. Unfortunately, I don't remember what this fish is called (it's definitely NOT a sardine!), but this recipe can be easily applied to most fish (uh... as long as it fits in your fry pan!).
UPDATE: The fish is called "smelt" (22 May 2011)
What you'll need:
- Fish (scaled, rinsed, patted dry with paper towels and scored)
- Avocado oil
- Sea salt (for taste)
- Coconut aminos
- Green onions (sliced diagonally)
1. Season scored fish with some sea salt
2. In large nonstick pan, heat enough avocado oil over high heat. Add fish to pan and cook until light golden brown on both sides
3. Drain fish on paper towels before transferring to serving plate. Lightly drizzle coconut aminos over fish and top with green onions. Enjoy!
Recipe is flexible and can be used for other fish, like cod: